Tuesday 9 June 2009

DOWNLOAD 'NEW YORK ANTHEMS VOLUME 1 - A CLASSIC MARK DEVLIN MIX CD BRIMMING WITH WHITE-HOT BANGERS


















New York Anthems marked a break from the regular series of mixtapes, (and was the first I produced on CD rather than cassette,) appearing in September 2000. Of all the mixes I've ever produced I reckon I'd have to cite this as my favourite. It was inspired by my many visits to New York, and is crammed full of bangers that just reek of the big bad city - as a swift glance at the track listing will show.

A real highlight was the freestyle session recorded in a Brooklyn basement where the UK's Kid Fury met BK's Mr. Demo to trade bars. Both MCs spat their finest, and the resulting tracks sound as hot today as they did then.

The mix was officially titled 'New York Anthems Volume 1' as I always fully intended to follow it up with a volume 2. Nine years later, I'm still trying to find the time....

New York Anthems Part 1:


New York Anthems Part 2:



NEW YORK ANTHEMS, VOLUME 1

CRAIG MACK: FLAVA IN YA EAR (Original)
CRAIG MACK: FLAVA IN YA EAR (Remix)
BLAHZAY BLAHZAY: DANGER
LOST BOYZ: RENEE
MOBB DEEP: THE SHOOK ONES
HEATHER B: ALL GLOCKS DOWN
MASTA ACE: THE B-SIDE
BIG KWAM: THE REUNION (Instrumental)
JAY-Z Featuring FOXY BROWN: AIN’T NO N*GGA
JUNIOR MAFIA: GET MONEY (Lil Kim’s verse)
PUFF DADDY & THE FAMILY: IT’S ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS
JERU THA DAMAJA: YA PLAYIN’ YASELF
NOTORIOUS B.I.G: UNBELIEVABLE
NOTORIOUS B.I.G: WHO SHOT YA?
DJ MISTA CEE: WHERE BROOKLYN AT?
DJ ANTHONY VITALE & SILENT NICK: BROOKLYN BOMB
KENNY ‘DOPE: GET DOWN
MR. DEMO/ KID FURY: N.Y FREESTYLE PART 1
OL' DIRTY BASTARD: BROOKLYN ZOO
KRS ONE: SOUND OF DA POLICE
WU TANG CLAN: PROTECT YA NECK
A TRIBE CALLED QUEST: SCENARIO
MR. DEMO/ KID FURY: N.Y FREESTYLE PART 2
NOTORIOUS B.I.G: ONE MORE CHANCE
TOTAL: CAN'T YOU SEE?
MARY J BLIGE: LOVE NO LIMIT
AFRIKAA BAMBAATAA: ZULU WAR CHANT
MARY J BLIGE: REAL LOVE (Bad Boy Remix)
SWV Featuring WU TANG CLAN: ANYTHING
GRANDMASTER FLASH: THE MESSAGE
BOOGIE DOWN PRODUCTIONS: SOUTH BRONX
MC SHAN: THE BRIDGE
BOOGIE DOWN PRODUCTIONS: THE BRIDGE IS OVER
DOUG E FRESH: THE SHOW
RAKIM: NEW YORK (YA OUT THERE?)

No comments: